Thursday 17 April 2014

#sfl48hr The 'Elevation' Entry


Elevation #sfl48hr #teambluntspear from Dulani Wilson on Vimeo.

Last weekend was quite hectic. I was up for over 24 hours. And no, it was not enjoyable. No partying or anything fun. Was directing, animating and editing a sci fi short as part of the Sci-Fi London 48 hour Film Competition #sfl48hr. At one point I remember typing a tweet only to realise I was not in twitter, but actually typing the tweet out in google Search. Sleep is serious. Check out some stills on shoot day:

© 2014 Dulani Wilson. "Elevation" short film set. Actors Dita and Loren on set. Kaya by the plastic curtains. All rights reserved.

© 2014 Dulani Wilson. "Elevation" short film set. Actors being briefed on set. All rights reserved.

© 2014 Dulani Wilson. "Elevation" short film set. Me and Loren bullying Kaya on set. All rights reserved.

© 2014 Dulani Wilson. "Elevation" short film set. Dita. The only casuality on set. All rights reserved.

© 2014 Dulani Wilson. "Elevation" short film set. "I feel plasticky". All rights reserved.


Ok, so basic idea behind the competition, is you get a brief, telling you the concept, title, a line and prop to be incorporated in the film on the day. So after receiving this, I wrote a script, got some talented actors and shot the thing. Had to dress up a room at the back of my house to look like a sterile factory / Dexter killroom. It turned out great considering. Better than the alternative. All the locations I was researching apparently want 1000 GBP to 2500 GBP for location fees for a few hours. Thanks Film London. Always good to see you doing your part to raise the next generation of filmmakers.

After shooting, took a little rest, then started designing the elements for the computer screen. The Sunday I woke up was the worse. I went full steam, editing, correlating with two music makers/ composers, sound, sfx, simple grade and export. Didn't sleep until 1.00pm on Monday. But I am overall happy with the result.

Thanks for all the help and support over the weekend, comrades!

Sum up,
Upwards and onwards




No comments:

Post a Comment

The "Suit & Bone" Short Film Electronic Press Kit is years in the making

The Suit & Bone Short Film I directed has been making its rounds in film festivals since its campaign launch in December 2021m and I am...