Tuesday 1 June 2010

Gun-Pop Music. ;) (No, no, just pop)

Thought I'd some reminiscing this week. It's bleak and cloudy outside, as is expected from British weather. I mean , c'mon, it's summer. What you call this?! Poor. But I guess its perfect conditions to get lost in the head.

Recently did 2 music videos at the beginning of the year/last year for indepedent artist Candy Rose...she's been making some remarkable headway and I wish her Buddha's blessing.

Indeed she's managed to create a whole new platform for my work, and kinda made me realised that im not terribly limited by my skills: graphic design, storyboard, directing, animator,package design, editor... I pretty much can go toe- to-toe with anything. You think I'd be content with that, but can't help feel like I'm a Jack-of-all-trades. But i guess if you look at all those titles, one thing sews them all together: whether you want to call it art, aethetics, illuminated third eye,quasar-tapping - it allows me to express creativity in numerous platforms, yet always humbling me when I see someone else's work that is phenomenal.

I did the main design for her album cover, singles cover and remix cover, she was content so I guess that made me content. Used mixed styles, photo texturing, painting, illustration, CGI.
Have a look:





The first music vid I did was for single You Are everything, done in the style of motion comic, (you know like watchmen). Result: about two months in, tired of seeing paper, ink pen ( which i cutely dubbed animator fatigue. Plus I had to balance my work on another music vid. But at the end I managed to get it all done:







The second vid I did, was a bit easier cause I properly gauged what had to be done, The motion style may use simple animation, but it is design and illustration heavy...that's what eats up the time. End result: I think given the time, it was ok:




Sum up,
God, I do try to keep busy, but how can I when this keeps distracting me




The last proof I saw was hella wierd. "Take your index finger and thumb, wrap it around the base of your tail, and stroke up to the tip of you tale" Oh, babies. Hella gay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The "Suit & Bone" Short Film Electronic Press Kit is years in the making

The Suit & Bone Short Film I directed has been making its rounds in film festivals since its campaign launch in December 2021m and I am...